Sunday, February 17, 2008

Clevo backlight

So, it seems I never gave a status update on the reverse engineering of the backlight.
I basically hit a wall. The EC is readable and gives status on the current backlight level.
Unfortunately it seems that writing to the EC accomplish nothing. I currently suspect that the windows backlight driver doesn't write at all but only poll relevant registers in the EC and show some graphics upon detecting a change. If someone has an update or solution to this, contact me ASAP.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How do you read the level? I have the M570TU model and want to solve this issue too.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Erik Andrén Zachrisson said...

If you read the previous posts to this blog you ought to figure it out. Mail me @ erik.andren + at + gmail.com otherwise.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course, I see that now. I'll get back to you if I get stuck. Thanks!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home